- 5% discount for up to 2 members and 10% discount for more than 2 members
- Coverage available for non-allopathic treatments is available up to 25% of the sum insured
- No medical screening for candidates below 50 years of age
- Coverage available for specific day care process and ambulance charge
Most Popular Policies of Star Health Insurance
- Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
Star Health Criticare Plus Policy is a critical illness policy that provides hospitalization benefits along with critical illness cover.
Key features of Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
- Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance plan offers protection to the entire family for a single premium.
Key features of Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
- Coverage for new born baby is available
- Coverage for organ donor expenses is available
- Coverage available for expenses due to domiciliary treatment
- Restore benefit and recharge benefit are available
- Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy is designed for individuals between 60 to 75 years of age to look after their medical needs.
Key features of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- in-house claim settlement facility is available
- Coverage for nursing and ICU expenses is available
- Customized e -health records available
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy is designed for people with previous history of heart related ailments.
Key features of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- Scope to increase sum insured amount at policy renewal
- Coverage for Cardiac Medical Management in Gold Plan
- Coverage available for pre and post hospitalization expenses
Star Health Travel Protect Insurance Policy
With the emergence of the global village concept as well as the Fortune 500 Companies, traveling sans boundaries has become quite evident. Isn’t it? Business trips, conferences, business meets and Fairs are some of the top reasons people why people travel overseas. Apart from business travel, people also make trips to the countries all over the world with their family and friends. Also, students go abroad for pursuing higher education.
Different people travel for different purposes for traveling, but one thing remains common. It’s their safety and security. Most importantly, one can’t afford to neglect proper insurance coverage when in a foreign land. Therefore, you need a comprehensive insurance policy that covers both your ‘health and travel related issues. Don’t you think so?
Don’t worry – Star Health has bought for you Travel Protect Insurance Policy that covers you against a number of aspects and risk related to traveling.
Star Health Travel Protect Insurance Policy – Types
- Covers you against any health related issues or emergencies while travelling
- Covers individuals travelling abroad for reasons, like holiday and business trips
- Covers situations, like emergency expenses, flight delay, missed flights, accidental injuries and repatriation
- Available for residents of India who are more than 6 months old
- Includes hijack distress
- Property loss and physical injuries to third parties
- Pecuniary loss incurred due to trip cancellation on the grounds of injury or death of a family member.
Family Travel Protect
- Exclusively intended to cover your entire family while travelling
- Covers common exigencies
- Available for individuals between the age of 6 months to 60 years
- Covers self, spouse and max. 2 children (dependent) below 18 years
- Provision of adding up to 2 more kids, on payment of extra premium
Student Travel Protect
- Especially designed for students going abroad for higher education
- Covers the expenses incurred due to emergency transportation back home (India)
- Offers plenty of compassionate benefits
- Expenses on legal claims – wrongful detention, bail bond, etc.
- Third party bodily damage and property loss, in case the policyholder is the reason behind such occurrences
Corporate Travel Protect
- Designed for businessmen and women travelling abroad for business purposes
- Policy can be availed by any individual who is more than 18 years and resides in India
- Sum covered limit available – USD 1, 00,000, 2, 50,000 and 5, 00,000
- Applicable for travelling all over the world, including USA and Canada
- Covers flight delays, accommodation required because of missed connecting flight, etc
- Also covers accidental injuries, emergency dental expenses, hijack distress and so on
General claim procedure
- It is very simple. All you need to do is get in touch with the claim assistance department of the company via a toll-free number and file your claim.
- You would have to send some supporting documents on the basis of the exigency. You can either mail or fax the relevant documents along with the claim form.
- Keep documents, such as the photocopy of your policy, passport copy with the immigration stamp, approval as well as reference number (assistance service provider), proof of expenditures, invoices, bills, copy of your ticket handy.
- Your claim will be processed n the basis of the assessment done by a reviewer.
Frequently asked questions
Is undergoing pre-acceptance medical tests necessary for corporate?
Usually, it’s not needed. However, if the age of the policy holder is more than 65 years or he or she has an adverse medical history, then the following tests (unless specifically mentioned) are necessary:
- Blood Sugar (Fasting and Postprandial)
- Urine Strip Test
The age limit (maximum) might get relaxed as per the case.
What expenditures are reimbursed in case of delayed flight?
- In case of a flight delay for over 6 hours as a result of industrial action, mechanical breakdown or strike, extra transportation costs for cheapest class as well as expenses done because of accommodation and meals are covered.
- The upper limit for the same is $50/day.
What documents should be submitted for a personal accident compensation claim?
- Police complaint report
- Death certificate
- Post-mortem report (if required)
- Original prescription and medical bills
- Copy of the policy contract, e-ticket, passport with immigration stamp