- 5% discount for up to 2 members and 10% discount for more than 2 members
- Coverage available for non-allopathic treatments is available up to 25% of the sum insured
- No medical screening for candidates below 50 years of age
- Coverage available for specific day care process and ambulance charge
Most Popular Policies of Star Health Insurance
- Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
Star Health Criticare Plus Policy is a critical illness policy that provides hospitalization benefits along with critical illness cover.
Key features of Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
- Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance plan offers protection to the entire family for a single premium.
Key features of Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
- Coverage for new born baby is available
- Coverage for organ donor expenses is available
- Coverage available for expenses due to domiciliary treatment
- Restore benefit and recharge benefit are available
- Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy is designed for individuals between 60 to 75 years of age to look after their medical needs.
Key features of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- in-house claim settlement facility is available
- Coverage for nursing and ICU expenses is available
- Customized e -health records available
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy is designed for people with previous history of heart related ailments.
Key features of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- Scope to increase sum insured amount at policy renewal
- Coverage for Cardiac Medical Management in Gold Plan
- Coverage available for pre and post hospitalization expenses
Star Health Personal Accident Insurance
The personal accident policy at Star Health is known as Accident Care. The policy provides coverage for death and disability of the insured people due to an accident. Under the coverage, a lump sum compensation is provided and the injury decide the lump some amount.
Eligibility Requirement for Star Accident Care Policy
Only employed individuals between 18 to 70 years of age can avail the personal accident policy on offer at Star Health. Dependent Children are also eligible for coverage from 5 months to 25 years. The policy comes with lifelong renewability.
Features of Star Accident Care Policy
- Claims for personal accident policy are settled by the in-house team at Star Health. There is no involvement of third party for claim settlement process.
Benefits of Star Personal Accident Policy
- Coverage available for Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement
- Weekly Compensation available for Temporary Total Disablement
Free Additional Benefits of Star Accident Care Policy
- In the event of Death or Permanent Total Disability of the policyholders, maximum 2 children are eligible for educational grant worth Rs.10,000 per child.
- Transportation Expenses like ambulance charges of mortal remains up to Rs.5,000.
- Travel expenses for one relative in case of only death of the insured people are covered at 1% of sum insured up to Rs.50,000.
- Coverage for modification of vehicle and residence of insured people available at 10% of sum insured up to Rs. 50,000.
- Coverage for expenses due to purchase of blood from blood banks approved by Government and hospital available at 5% of sum insured up to Rs.10,000.
- Expenses due to transportation of imported medicines are covered up to 5% of sum insured up to Rs.20,000.
Aside from these additional benefits that comes for free with Star personal accident policy, you can also opt for some more benefits by paying extra premium. Here is a list of the benefits available upon additional premium payment.
- Extended medical expenses are covered up to 10% of the sum insured or 25% of claim to a limit of Rs.5,00,000/- per policy period.
- Hospital Cash benefit is available worth Rs.1000 for each day during hospitalization excluding date of admission and discharge. However, the hospitalization needs to take place within 30 days of accident.
- The cost of hiring one attendant at home after being released from hospital is covered up to 500/- for each completed day for a maximum of 15 days per occurrence and 60 days per policy. But, the same has to be recommended by attending physician.
- Coverage for winter sports is available if the insured person participates in such sports.
Availability of Cumulative Bonus
The insured people are eligible for 5% Cumulative bonus of the sum insured after each completed year. Cumulative bonus remains in place if policy renewal happens within 30 days and is available up to 50%. Cumulative bonus is not available on additional and optional benefits.