- 5% discount for up to 2 members and 10% discount for more than 2 members
- Coverage available for non-allopathic treatments is available up to 25% of the sum insured
- No medical screening for candidates below 50 years of age
- Coverage available for specific day care process and ambulance charge
Most Popular Policies of Star Health Insurance
- Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
Star Health Criticare Plus Policy is a critical illness policy that provides hospitalization benefits along with critical illness cover.
Key features of Star Health Criticare Plus Policy
- Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance plan offers protection to the entire family for a single premium.
Key features of Star Health Family Health Optima Insurance
- Coverage for new born baby is available
- Coverage for organ donor expenses is available
- Coverage available for expenses due to domiciliary treatment
- Restore benefit and recharge benefit are available
- Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy is designed for individuals between 60 to 75 years of age to look after their medical needs.
Key features of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- in-house claim settlement facility is available
- Coverage for nursing and ICU expenses is available
- Customized e -health records available
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy is designed for people with previous history of heart related ailments.
Key features of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewal option
- Scope to increase sum insured amount at policy renewal
- Coverage for Cardiac Medical Management in Gold Plan
- Coverage available for pre and post hospitalization expenses
Star Health Netplus
Wherein most health insurance policies exclude HIV from the policy terms and conditions, Star Health Netplus is designed to bridge this gap. This policy aims on facilitating better healthcare to HIV positive individuals. Take a look at what benefits it offers!
What Unique benefits and features it offers?
- The reason for which this policy has been designed is itself a unique one. This is one of the first health insurance policies in India that covers HIV +ve individuals, who are usually disowned by their family members or are socially isolated.
- The social stigma connected to HIV affects the infected person in different ways. Therefore, the policy promises 100% confidentiality to the insured.
- Receipts and bills are not needed.
- When a claim is filed, the total amount is paid at once.
- Only one-time compensation will be paid to the policyholder.
- Once a claim is filed and the reimbursement is made, the policy will be terminated. No renewal will be made thereafter.
- The policy makes sure that the best healthcare and financial support reaches the insured at the time of need.
- There is a provision for extended medical coverage for hospitalization. It is optional.
- This policy is on individual basis.
Who is the right candidate for this policy?
- First of all, there is no age limit to apply for this HIV care insurance policy.
- Secondly, a prospective policyholder can avail the benefits specified in the policy, only when it is proposed by a Non Government Organization(s), governmental agency(s), society(s) or any other registered body(s) catering to the needs (treatment and care) of HIV infected person.
- Thirdly, the reimbursement would be made to the proposer of the policy, for the benefit of the insured individuals.
- Fourthly, the policy can be granted to a group of people who are already HIV infected.
- Lastly, the insured individuals must be the one of the beneficiaries or members of the proposer’s group.
- As this policy is for individuals who are already HIV infected, a pre-acceptance health screening is required.
- Insurance coverage would be offered to those applicants who match the criteria.
- The medical screening includes CD4 test and other examinations needed for confirmation.
- The expenses incurred for the pre-acceptance health checkup would be borne by the insurance provider.
The minimum and maximum amount of sum insured is, Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 50,000, respectively. And the premiums are calculated accordingly. For clearer insight, take a quick look at the charts given below:
For extent coverage (optional)
Note: Services charges extra
- Expenses incurred due to treatment of HIV are not covered by the policy.
- Pre-existing health conditions, unless specifically included, are also excluded.
- Confirmation of AID within 90 days of policy commencement.
The claim applicant has to go through AIDs confirmatory test. It mainly includes CD 4 test, but other tests can be done, if advised by doctors.
If the CD4 level of the claimant is less than the clinically accepted counts for the very first time and also if it remains persistent for the upcoming 60 days (medically confirmed), then he or she is declared as HIV positive. It means he or she can file the compensation claim
Star Health specific advantages
All claim settlements procedures would be handled by in-house executives sans TPA hassles
Claim settlements are faster.
- Cashless hospitalization in more than 4900 empanelled hospitals all over India.
Round the clock helpline.